Dolly Parton Gives Dying Fan a Heartfelt Serenade in Honor of His Last Wish

Dolly Parton performed to a cancer sufferer fan over the phone, fulfilling his wish.

LeGrand Gold, a man from Utah and an avid Parton fan, has been fighting cancer for the past two years.

However, he suddenly learned that the medicine was no longer working. Gold, also known as “L.G.,” realized his time was limited and made a list of things he wanted to do before passing away, according to local news station KSL-TV.

Among them was the desire to “meet Dolly Parton.” Parton called LeGrand shortly before the holidays after learning about his wish. Just before Christmas, the legendary country music performer gave LG and his spouse a call, fulfilling their goal.

“I’ve heard you’ve been a fan of mine for many years. And I just wanted to thank you for that,” Parton said to Gold over the phone. On social media, his wife Alice shared a video of their talk. With a broad smile, Gold said, “It’s been my honor too.”

Parton has been a great assistance, he said, “especially these last few years.” Parton was informed by Gold’s wife Alice, who recorded her husband’s response, that their family members are also huge admirers of Gold’s music, theme park, and “Imagination Library” book series.

Gold’s wife added, “We love you for so many reasons, Dolly.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Alice Wills Gold (@englishwithmamag)

As the discussion was coming to an end, Parton rephrased one of her best-known songs. She said to Gold, “Just know that I will always love you,” then changed her delivery and sang a little portion of the song to him.

She even added “L.G.” to the words at the very end. Parton said that she hoped that they all had the best Christmas possible.

Parton on Her Retirement Plans

Despite having a career spanning more than 50 years, Dolly Parton maintains that she isn’t quite ready to call it quits.

The 77-year-old country music legend discussed her work with presenter Ken Bruce during her July 13 appearance on “Greatest Hits Radio,” adding that she is not one to sit around doing nothing.

She stated that she would never give up on my career. Someday, hopefully, she’ll just up and die while performing a song on stage—preferably one that she wrote. She wants things to go that way

However, Parton stated that, after spending so many years in the music business, a few things might force her to retire.

Dolly Parton states that her retirement depends on her health, her capacity to work, and her husband’s welfare.

As long as these conditions hold, she is committed to continuing. She continues to have high hopes and consistently creates new ambitions despite her long career.

Among them is the idea of a network TV show of her own, where she can experiment with different things and create material.

A television series titled “The Life of Many Colors,” which would explore hidden facets of Parton’s life, expose her heritage, and follow her transformation into the person she is now, is another project she hopes to develop. She wants to take advantage of every chance she gets and keep advancing in her work.

ncG1vNJzZmiolZq9tMPIs2Wcp51ktbC4y7KuqKeUZLGwuMuyZKmZoqm8r3nGoq2eq12Zxqq6xmadmqZdlnqpscCrq5%2BdnKl6tLHRnqWanJVitq95x6ilqKpdpLNutMisZKWZo6l6uLXSoWY%3D